Well I got some sewing done today FINALLY!
These are made using the McKensie Dress pattern from YCMT. I have to say I ignored most the instructions… it had you attach the lined bodice to the skirt in the flat & sew it all together leaving the bottom edge of the lining raw, and well I didn’t like that! So I sewed the skirt & bodice seperately & then attached them. Also the pattern called for no top stitching, just seams & hems… I choose to top stitch as much as possible for a more finished look.
I have everything done but the buttons because I forgot what time the store closed. I am actually very happy with how it they turned out! The twins are currently in a solid 3 for height but really a 2t around… I made them a size 4 so they would have room to grow & be able to wear it this fall over a cream turtle neck. I think the only comment I have is I think the pattern may run a little slim. My twins wear no diapers & there isn’t much hip/butt room when sliding it on and this is a size up then they wear now & 2 sizes up then they normally wear in the chest & waist.
Upon rereading the pattern there is no size chart, just a finished measurement & it doesn’t say measurement of WHAT, it talks about the adjustable straps which makes one assume length. and matches the length of my finished dresses. As for the finished chest measurement it was about 22″… when most size 4′s are normally more like 23″. I suggest measuring the long bottom edge of the bodice piece, multiply it by 4 (2 pieces but on fold) & -1″ for the seam allowances, that is about how big the finished chest measurement will be.
Anyway they love them & so do I, so I have fabric ready to cut out some more .
Just a quick modeling shot while trying them on in 96 degree heat!